Friday 2 April 2010

April Fools

I THINK I MAY have spoken to quickly about my little brother being able to cook well, his biscuits the other day where a little on the tough side! Apparently we didn’t have any plain flour, so instead he decided to use strong brown flour!

Heard about a funny thing from yesterday, being April fools. Well near where I lived Falmouth Coastguard received a Mayday call from MV Titanic at 7:10 on April the 1st. They first ignored the call from the boat in the Caribbean thinking it was an April Fools. It however turned out to be legitimate and US coast guard eventually rescued the boat.

As is now clear tradition, there were mainly April fools, including from all the papers. My favourite I think has to be from the Daily Mail who reported that the AA staff are going to use light weigh jet packs to beat the grid locked traffic. Also I love the Sun’s who had the first ever lickable newspaper page, the page had a small warning “may contain nuts”.

Of course it wasn’t just the newspapers and some stories, some people believed. The RSPB released a press statement, complete with pictures saying a polar bear had become exhausted and stranded on a Scottish island. This had an environment correspondent in Fleet Street very excited, until one of their colleagues pointed out the date on the top of the press release!
Check out a few of the other April fools in this amusing article. Also some amusing online stories too.

4 comments:

  1. You thought your biscuits were bad, I got there last so I got the ones that were overcooked as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And doesn't the RSPB do stuff to help birds?? Not polar bears

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know how many people fell for the RAC one, that is seriously ridiculous. Though I myself fell for one on GMTV about councils making special water that made you lost weight.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nearly fell for the lickable paper story in The Sun! It was tempting to lick the paper when i saw the story then i realised the date...I wonder how many people were seen licking their newspapers today, quite a few I should imagine!

    ReplyDelete