Saturday 27 February 2010

Dinner!

WELL TONIGHT'S DINNER, contrasted nicely between the four of us who live in the flat. I decided in my wisdom I would make a nice fish pie for everyone. Naturally two of my flatmates, Simon and Ben were keen to accept this offer, the idea of not needing to cook but still getting a nice meal would please any of us. My third flat mate, Nathan was not in at the time but anyway it is not like him to eat much that doesn’t come out of a tin or with lots of plastic packaging!





Anyway I eagerly started cooking my fish pie, reasonably successfully until I got distracted by Facebook! On returning to the kitchen I had manage to over boil fishy milk across the hobs, which had burnt on so consequently rather smelt! Apart from that slight hitch however the fish pie turned out to go pretty well and I was feeling pretty pleased as I loaded my creation into the oven.





At that time Nathan returned and after asking what was in the oven I told him. Naturally I had made too much so kindly offered him some “proper food” and to have some of my fish pie. He swiftly rejected preferring his delightful feast he had brought with him.
The four of us sat down to eat, three of us with a nice fish pie and Nathan with a polystyrene box filled with fat filled chips and greasy donner meat! Also his £3 odd for his delightful meal was almost as much as the fish pie cost for all of us! And I had some left over for lunch the following day!

1 comment:

  1. Fish Pie was very nice, looks slightly better in the picture than it did when you made it for us though

    ReplyDelete