Sunday 18 April 2010

All fat and fed!

YUM, ALL FAT AND FED and also good is that I have now managed to finish most of my work! Ben made his Spaghetti bolognaise for dinner which was rather good! I brought a cake tin whilst I was at home so decided to put it to good use and make a cake. I decided on making an Apple and Cinnamon cake so got going, whilst Ben was making dinner.

First problem I realised was of course no scales and I am not the best at judging amounts. Ben suggested I used my digital bathroom scales, so I tried them however they were not accurate enough, not even recognising when we put the entire bag of flour on them.

The next problem was that we didn’t have enough self raising flour, however with a quick trip around to next door that was quickly sorted. The next thing was that I didn’t have any caster sugar so Ben suggested I ground down the granulated sugar. Not having a pestel and morta I ground it down using the back of a meat tenderiser. After that I then set about adding my ingredients, I was a bit worried as it originally turned out more like dough but with a big of a extra milk it was all right. So I poured in into the tin and shoved it in the oven. Meanwhile I began to clear up as I had made rather a lot of mess!

An hour or so later it was ready and we all tried some. It tasted pretty good, considering I had guessed the amounts, I was pretty impressed. It didn’t taste quite right though, I think there was probably not enough sugar in it. But all in all was pretty impressed and even Nathan tried some as he had just got back!

Nathan managed to miss his train, so instead got a lift back with his Dad; sure he was happy with that! Ben decided to yet again wrestle him, trying to get into Nathans room. It lasted quite a while, backwards and forward with Nathan stronger but Ben kept getting his arm or leg jammed in the door. Eventually a knackered Ben gave up, allowing Nathan to quickly lock his door shut. Ben’s arm is now nicely grazed and he it knackered, but I suppose that’s what he deserved really!

2 comments:

  1. yum cake looks good and honestly will u boys ever lern that reseling WILL get u hurt???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake looks yummy, but I'm sure it could be easier with a bit of planning maybe scales and ingrediants :-))) maybe next time

    ReplyDelete